44' Beneteau First 44.7
$149,000 | 2006 | Long Beach, CA
Here is an excellent example of the popular cruiser / racer from Beneteau Yachts. Designed by Farr and Associates this Beneteau First 44.7 was built in 2006 and has a extremely comfortable 3 cabin, 2 head layout with all the custom "go-fast" to keep this boat competitive on the race course for years to come.
Owned by an experienced yachtsman, the boat features upgraded upholstery as well as the replacement of all electronics in 2016. The 3 cabin layout offers a double berth forward stateroom with an adjoining head and shower just forward. The port and starboard aft cabins offer double berths and share an aft head that is complete with shower.
This Beneteau 44.7 is equipped with the deep racing keel as well as an upgraded aluminum Sparcraft mast. An upgraded Harken roller furling headstay, lazy-jacks on the main and Harken 2-speed 53 and 44 self-tailing winches make this an easy boat to cruise by a couple or the whole family.
For the racer, this boat features adjustable genoa leads, solid boom vang, a newly replace gooseneck and a custom carbon removable bow sprint for flying asymmetrical spinnakers and cruising gennakers. The upper and lower rudder bearings were replaced and a new B&G GPS added in 2016. The B&G system is set up for Apple integration with WiFi capabilities.
Disclaimer: West Coast Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. The boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting - Long Beach, CA.
West Coast Yachts
|Number of Engines||1|
|Engine Model||First 44.7|
|Engine power (total)||54 hp|
|Maximum Draft:||8.5 ft|
|Dry Weight||21,572.21 lb|
|Number of cabins:||3|
|Number of heads:||2|
|Number of Double Berths:||3|
|Fresh water tanks||106|gallon|
- The hull is made of solid GRP laminate. Hull capping and occasional reinforced areas (keel, rudder, chain plates, deck line), strengthen the overall structure.
- The hull is optimally protected from osmosis phenomena, thanks to the application of vinylester resin precoating.
- A structural solid laminate inner structural grid is achieved through the use of biaxial and unidirectional material. It is glued to the hull and randomly laminated. Its structural function is important, since it makes it possible to pick out all the pressure and stress points (chain plate, shroud, keel, and rudder tie rods, etc.) guaranteeing even distribution and less strain on the hull. It also ensures a good finish to the bilges and simplifies cleaning and maintenance.
- The structural bulkheads made of marine plywood are sealed to the hull for extra rigidity.
- The deck is built in sandwich (fibreglass/balsa/GRP) for an optimal rigidity-lightness ratio.
- There are solid laminate reinforcement areas under the deck gear (winches, tracks, chain plates, cleats).
- All the working and movement areas on the deck have been given a non-skid gel coat pattern.
- The whole of the deck has been given a solid laminate inner lining, including the structural beams, which are sealed to the deck to give a perfect finish (integrated lighting, finish, access to deck gear fitting screws, etc.)
- The cockpit is laid out in such a way that navigation and manoeuvring are easier: lots of storage space, sheets and halyards led back to the cockpit, etc.
- The cockpit has 5 storage lockers: (the locker lids are made using injection techniques which gives them a perfect finish).
- 2 extra deep stern lockers providing ample storage space.
- 2 easy to access lateral lockers under the cockpit seats.
- 1 storage box capable of holding two large capacity gas bottles.
- There is a specific storage location, which is easy to get at, specially designed for the life raft (under the removable helmsman's seat).
- The cockpit seats are covered in teak and the sides forming the back are reclining for extra comfort.
- They are divided to provide the helmsman with better seating space (lined with teak). The seats are edged with "drainage grooves" for good water evacuation.
- The cockpit is self-draining.
- This version of the accommodation plan has 3 cabins (1 to the bow and two aft) and 2 heads.
- It facilitates movement from one part of the boat to another, has great storage capacity and comfort and a sober atmosphere.
- The woodwork is in pear-tree colored Mukali wood with fiddles and moldings in solid wood.
- The light color of the woodwork gives a greater feeling of space.
- Storage: There are several storage spaces making life easier aboard. They are equipped with ventilation systems. (Some of the storage lockers are "removable" to help lighten the boat, which is necessary for regattas).
- The locker catches are of the spring-loaded type.
- Doors and door frames: Communicating door frames in molded wood are very wide, allowing ease of movement throughout the boat.
- The doors are locked by lever type spring locks, with independent locking device.
- Flooring and leather work:
- The cabin mattresses have removable covers (standard version: ecru and blue spots) and the standard saloon cushions covered in undyed leather (Fiesta one foam) are easy to look after and resistant.
- The floorboards are made of varnished hydropont (marine quality) with a thin black line. They have an excellent finish, and are silent, easy to maintain, strong and insulating.
- Headroom: 6'8"
- 1 size 4 hinged porthole with blind on side of coachroof.
- Laminated white worktop.
- High molded wood fiddle around the worktop to prevent objects from falling.
- Double sink with mixer tap.
- Seawater foot pump or refrigerated cabinet drain by three-way sluice.
- Polyester 110 L insulated refrigerated cabinet, which opens from the top.
- Waste bin on door under worktop.
- Cabinet with storage shelves under worktop.
- Gimballed 2 ring stove with oven/grill.
- S/S stove protection bar/dishcloth rail.
- Bottle storage.
- Lateral storage spaces with doors along the hull above the worktop. One of these storage spaces can take a microwave (electric socket accessible) and a S/S paper towel holder.
- Crumb collector in flooring.
- POWER SUPPLY -
- The 12 V electric circuit is supplied by two 140 A lights and service batteries.
- The battery isolation switches (+/-), located in the aft cabin, protect the circuit.
- A voltmeter and ammeter enable good management of the battery installation.
- ELECTRICAL NETWORK -
- Specific beams are inlaid in the deck to supply the integrated lighting in the deckhead as well as various electrical appliances (pumps, windlass, navigation lights, etc.).
- Pre-cabled sheaths are pre-positioned to make it easier to install options.
- BATTERIES CHARGING -
- By alternator (power depending on engine specifications) attached to the engine.
- 220 V shore power supply (protected by a circuit breaker).
- ELECTRIC PANEL -
- A 12 V backlit electric panel, 16 functions (with labels and identification) is located above the chart table.
- A cigarette lighter socket is located on the panel.
- The electric panel provides power consumption information: the capacity of the various tanks can be visualized with a water gauge using a selector knob.
- LIGHTING AND SOCKETS -
- 21 halogen lights (reading spotlights) diffuse light for greater comfort inside.
- 5 power outlets have been installed (in the cabins, galley and above the chart table).
- Navigation lights:
- Navigation lights.
- Anchor light.
- Steaming light.
Sails, Rigging and Equipment
Heartbeat has received numerous upgrades including a custom removable carbon prod and a standard size carbon spinnaker poles, Harken 2-speed winches including a Harken 2-speed 44 electric winch for the main halyard. All halyards and control lines have been updated Additional upgraded gear include:
Upgraded deep draft racing keel
(3) spreader Sparcraft aluminum rig (no running backs)
Harken furling headfoil
Newer lower and upper rudder bearings
New bottom paint, August 2019
B & G electronics package including masthead unite installed 2016 (WiFi compatible)
B & G GPS installed 2018
Sail Inventory is a combination of North, UK and Ullman and includes:
North: 3di Main (Newer)
3DI J1 (Newer)
Ullman Lt. J1
A1 (Standard Rig)
A2 " "
A1 North (Used with Prod)
A2-Ullman " "
.5 oz (Newer)
UK Tape Drive Full Batten Mainsail
Storm Trysail and Storm Jib
Disclaimer: West Coast Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Quick message to broker
Sign up for our email newsletter to get first access to new listings, price reductions and brokerage news.