CHIMERA is a culmination of over 200 years of world-renowned yacht design and craftsmanship by two of the most recognized yacht builders in the world. Custom designed by Alden Yacht Design and Hand-built by the Hinckley Company, CHIMERA represents the finest in timeless yacht design, quality and construction.
No detail was overlooked or expense spared in her construction. Built for any sea condition, CHIMERA is extensively outfitted with Carbon Rigs, Hydraulic Furling Main, Genoa and Staysail, Hydraulic Winches, Retractable Fin Keel and Bow Thruster, New Main Sail, Watermaker, Generator, Diesel Heat, Air Conditioning, and the newest in Navigational Equipment.
CHIMERA was sold by the original owner in January 2019 where she underwent an extensive $300,000 (9) month refit by Hinckley. Shortly after, she was shipped to the West Coast and arrived in November 2019. After enjoying her for a short time, CHIMERA is now available for sale and remains in the care of her full-time Professional Captain.
Recent 2019-20 Improvements include:
- New Garmin Electronics: Radar, GPS, Chart, AutoPilot, AIS
- New Sailing Instruments / New Masthead Wind wand
- New Communications Equipment: Iridium Go, Iridium SAT Phone, Sirius SAT Weather
- All Batteries Replaced with Lifeline 8D AGM
- Custom S/S Binnacle and Navigation Pod
- New Fusion Stereo
- Hinckley- All Exterior Britework stripped down to bare, coated with 10+ Clear and 3+ Awlbrite
- New North Sail 3Di Roller Furling Main Sail
- All Rigging and Deck hardware inspected and serviced as needed
This is an amazing opportunity to own a pedigree yacht and a piece of Hinckley and Alden’s History when yachts were built to the standards and excellence of yesterday.
Vessel is held in a fully-transferrable LLC.