37' Riviera 37 Flybridge
$275,000 | 2004 | Newport Beach, CA
“Hele Mai” is the nicest 37 Riviera on the market today!
“Hele Mai” is perfectly suited for a couple or small family and guests for local, extended, and even blue water cruising! Design starts with a hull, and Riviera, a preeminent builder in Australia, a land surrounded by open oceans, is renowned for hull forms. The 37 Riviera is stable, soft riding, responsive, with exceptional tracking hull at all speeds. Her build is solid as well. With two collision bulkheads and a water tight bulkhead and hefty stringers, there is no creaking or groaning underway.
She’s a sportsfisher at heart, and she’s rigged to fish if that’s your thing. She is also a modern cruising yacht that features a surprisingly crew friendly configuration. Each space is perfectly proportioned and surprisingly generous. There is plenty of room in the cockpit to fish, lounge or entertain. Her salon is open and accommodating. High gloss teak sets off against views of the water through big bright windows all around. The galley is bright, spacious, fully featured with generous countertops and storage. The forward sleeping quarters are bright, airy, replete with considerable storage, ventilation and good light. The head is large, and features a separate shower stall. The dramatic flybridge, with hardtop and a full enclosure, is a superb vantage point whether spotting fish, or reading a book.
Her owners have upgraded all of her systems since they purchased her in 2019. In 2020 she received all new electronics. In 2022, she was repowered with Cummins 6BTA 5,9’s. If you are in the market for a very nice, versatile, and well maintained boat, “Hele Mai” is worth a look!
|Number of Engines||2|
|Engine Model||6BTA 5.9|
|Engine power (each)||330|
|Engine power (total)||660|
|Engine hours (port/starboard)||151|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Dry Weight||24,030 Lbs|
|Number of cabins:||2|
|Number of heads:||1|
|Number of Single Berths:||2|
|Number of Double Berths:||2|
|Fresh water tanks||119 Gallons|
|Fuel tanks||324 Gallons|
|Holding tanks||30 Gallons|
Layout & Interior Features
From the large cockpit, pass through the glass door and into the salon. Large windows provide 360 degree views, and an abundance of light throughout. A large L-shaped sofa is to port, across from comfortable dinette. The galley is located just 2 steps down on the port side. Her master stateroom is forward, with a walk around queen bed. The head with a separate stall shower is just aft of the forward stateroom. Across from the head, on the starboard side is the second cabin with ample sized bunks.
- AC and DC panel, hinged for back access, is located inside salon door and at eye level in starboard aft corner
- Ice maker with teak panel to starboard
- Flat screen TV with Sound bar
- Storage cabinets
- Large windows are lightly tinted looking out, and much darker for privacy at dock, looking in.
- Teak grab rail
- Hi gloss teak table
- Storage under settee
- Drop down blinds
Her galley is fully featured with great countertop space, storage, below deck pantry storage, and a pass over to the salon. Two people can work together crafting great dishes in this space!
- Princess two burner electric stovetop
- Large poly sink, with hot and cold pressure water
- Refrigerator/ Freexer
- Hot water heater, heated by AC power (shore power or genset power), and by engine heat
- Panasonic SS microwave, flush mounted
- Pantry below cabins sole for longer term storage, wine etc. Good drawer and cabinet storage for daily use
- Long L-shaped countertop
- Teak dish, and spice rack
Deck and Hull
The flybridge deserves mention – the upper helm features a fiberglass hardtop, with stout SS supports and a full isinglass enclosure. There are covers for the seating and helm.
- SS Stanchions & Side Rails with fender holders forward
- Decks Balsa cored FRP with molded in non skid
- Bow locker
- FRP bow pulpit, with SS bowsprit, with roller
- Anchor & rode
- Muir Storm 1250 Windlass (new 2021)
- Salt water wash down tap & hose
- Pompanette Outriggers with Rigger Max mounts
- Fiberglass nonskid swim platform with boarding ladder
- Removable cockpit bait tank
- Transom door
- Rod holders, cleats, lines, fenders
- Spacious lazarette for wet storage, Fish storage deck locker, and lockers built into transom, under side decks, and in forward corners of cockpit
- Emergency fuel shut off, outside engine room
- Built in 12VDC freezer, ideal for extended cruises or freezing the catch! Tackle storage above.
- Door access to the engine room.
- Shower in cockpit
- Ladder to Flybridge
- Flybridge woven vinyl flooring
- Bottom Paint done 5/2022
Navigation & Electronics
A complete suite of electronics was added in 2020!
- Ritchie compass
- Icom M506 VHF
- Furuno Nav Net TZ Touch 3 screen
- Furuno N2K WAAS GPS Antenna
- Furuno Solid State DRS4NNXT 4 KW Radar Dome
- Furuno 711 C Autopilot
- Fusion Ra 7700 Apollo touch screen bluetooth stereo system
- JL Audio speakers throughout
- Custom Carbon fiber dash panels and new switches (2020)
- Electronic throttle & Shift Controls
- ACL spotlight (new 2020)
- Engine Status: Oil Pressure, Tachometer, Temperature, Amperes
- Fuel: Gauges at flybridge
- Onan genset remote start panel, at AC/DC panel
The engines are perfectly placed below the salon, and the engine room is well sound proofed and quiet, in part due to the hatch (door) being located in the cockpit. Engine checks or full service can be carried out without disturbing an immaculate interior, and without risk of mess. The engine room is neat and tidy, and well organized. Her original Cummins 6BTA’s were replaced in 2022 with new Cummins reman motors, and now show just 151 hours! At that time, her Twin Disc MG5050 gears were also removed from the boat and rebuilt. Her Onan 7KW MDKAV genset was also removed, and a major service was completed. It just made sense since access was easy!
- Three electric bilge pumps (new 2021)
- Gel coated engine room
- Bonding system connected to transom zincs, c/w shaft brushes
- Bronze through hull valves, and sea strainers
- Racor fuel filter, three engines (FG-1000 for mains, FG-500 for genset)
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- Fuel tank – single FRP tanks 327 Gal
- Water tank – 2 x 60 gal each poly tanks, in engine room
- Waste – approx 30 gal in engine room, with Y valve
- Sea-Fire FM 200 fire suppression system
- Bennett hydraulic trim tabs
12 Volt DC Voltage System
- Start Batteries: 2 x 8D 12 V (new 2021)
- Genset start: 1 x Group 27 12V (2021)
- Battery Selector Switch, Battery cross over switch
- Distribution Panel in salon, neatly designed and complete with circuit breaker protection, and DC volt and amp meters.
- Blueseas 55 amp engine alternators
- NewMar 3 stage charger
- Shore Power Cord
- Shore Power Breaker
- AC 120Volt Distribution Panel: with volt and amp meters, and circuit breaker protection
- Reverse Polarity Indicator
- GFI receptacles
Disclaimer: West Coast Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Quick message to broker
Sign up for our email newsletter to get first access to new listings, price reductions and brokerage news.